Sunday, March 27, 2005

Pagan Rituals on Easter

I’m going to get a beer, do you want anything?

That was my approach to determining if my drinking would concern my date in the least. It didn’t seem to, he got a Red Bull and didn’t hesitate to smooch me later. I still haven’t gotten the nerve to ask him about it. He has mentioned drinking when he was younger, so maybe it is just a healthy lifestyle decision, but something tells me there is more to it than that.

He doesn’t have a wonderful bubbly personality or anything. It isn’t bad or even dull, just nothing particularly engaging. Maybe he’s an introvert like me. We’d probably have great conversations drunk. And he isn’t hot by any means – although he is much better physical shape than myself who is 11 years his junior. So what is it? Is it the draw towards feeling as if I am wanted? Maybe. Or possibly the mystery that surrounds him – I pegged him for an older, safe government contracts attorney that would completely bore me in approximately 2 dates like the Neighbor. But instead he takes me to the Blackcat to see an alternative NY band that we’ve never heard of – and we are disappointed when they only play a 45 minute show. He isn’t touchy when we are out, but once behind closed doors, a completely different personality appears. He obviously knows how to have a good time and isn’t hindered by what others may consider faux pas. Now I even question how safe he is – not as in “in danger” – but as in “a sure thing.” Maybe this persistence thing is his come-on act for all women. Seems like a lot of work, but maybe some are a bit easier than I am.

His group of friends is almost exclusively made up of women. Or at least it seems so by his conversations. He just doesn’t dress well enough to be gay, so that isn’t of concern. Is he the guy that all women love but think of as only a friend that they could never date? What does this mean for me? Not sure. Luckily, I’m not the jealous type, although I have checked a couple of times to see if his match profile is still active (it is). I think it would actually scare me more if it weren’t. I’m not ready for a full commitment from this guy yet, I haven’t even determined if I like him or not ...

No comments:

Post a Comment