Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Chaste

It has been well over a year since I've made it to date 4 with anybody, but apparently I'm heading that direction this weekend with the RH. He waited the mandatory 2 days to contact me, and we've been emailing back and forth for the past couple of days. A rather foreign concept these days. Most men are scared to contact you more than say, once a week, unless they are firming up plans for a date. I guess this guy's been around the dating block a few times because he seems to have struck a good balance and have a feel for when the time is appropriate to reach out or hold back.

But what is balanced about taking four months to get to date 4??? you understandably ask. Maybe I've been a little vague before now, but it was actually me who turned him down many, many times. It has been 4 months since the first date, but it was months before that when he first contacted me on match. In fact, the first email exchange I can locate (which is definitely not the initial one) is dated July 04! He is undeniably persistent, yet not in a scary stalkish type way. I think he digs me. But then again, who wouldn't? Ha! If that were only true ...

Not sure what we are doing yet, but I'm somewhat certain we'll end up at his place since he has mentioned his fireplace and cleaning his townhouse several times. The opportunity for a grand, romantic make-out session and wouldn't you know it -- miss flow comes in town for a visit! damn my luck. At least that will keep everything within certain boundaries. No guess work involved. Maybe he'll think I'm chaste. I had to say that b/c that word makes me laugh -- not necessarily b/c of its meaning. Just one of those words that makes me giggle. I'm sure it is prompted by some immature notion I have stemming from adolescence that is connected to its meaning, but hey, who said i was mature?

No comments:

Post a Comment