Monday, February 21, 2005

Cranberry Juice Guy

I met the CJG on yahoo personals. I thought I would try a new site since match was only so-so. Yahoo is definitely inferior in my experience. Not just because of CJG, he was only the beginning. This was during the period of time when I began to think that canceling the first date was normal, and possibly some sort of dating test. Not that I really care to be honest. Maybe that is the problem -- they want me to care. But if I can say one positive thing about online dating, it is the ability to have a date whenever you want one. It takes away the desperate issue altogether.

But on to the story ...
CJG and I had drinks and dinner at Faccia Luna in Arlington after work. I thought we had a great time, but he was, shall we say, fishing for compliments. He is very entertaining. But he requires more positive reinforcement than I am willing to give him, particularly on a first date. He walked me to the metro, but went to kiss me and then backed away like a tease. I honestly have no idea what he was trying to do, but we have all decided he is gay.

However, I was willing to hang out with him a couple of more times for a very casual date (gay men are GREAT friends). On date three, we decided to hang out for a while in my place. He walked in, went straight into the kitchen, opened my refrigerator and drank out of my cranberry juice straight from the container!!!!! WHO DOES THAT!?!?!?!? Not to mention, he seemed to feel no embarrassment when I caught him. He didn't understand why I was annoyed and just said that I could keep that bottle for him each time he came over. NOT!!! Needless to say, he's never been invited back into my place.

He still contacts me from time to time ... what a loser!

No comments:

Post a Comment