Monday, October 15, 2007

Mediocre

Contrary to popular belief, there is no shortage of available men in the area. I find it almost funny when I think about how many men are willing to buy me dinner. But, as is almost always the case, I am not finding any of the current prospects all that appealing. Can't decide if the customer is not really ready to buy or if the goods are just mediocre quality. I think it is the latter. I enjoy the company of men and think I will be willing to jump right back in when the right product is available.

I'm back on match and have been on dates with 2 guys so far. One was reminiscent of the Stage 5 Clinger, but WORSE. I had to break up with him TWICE after only 3 dates. I mean, really?? I'm hot and all that, but have some pride. Now he has emailed me because he wants to return my earrings I left weeks ago. Not wanting to make him think that there was still any chance, I had considered them a casualty of war. But he can't let go. So I agree to meet him for a drink and to watch Monday Night Football - at a bar. He of course offered to meet at my place or his, to pick me up or to give me a massage (no, I'm really not kidding), but I thought a public place with other legitimate distractions would be best. I can appease him, get my earrings, have a couple of free beers and watch football. Seems like a win-win to me.

The other guy just doesn't seem that smart. The conversation is always rather superficial and generic. He is really nice, not even "too nice", but I'm just not feeling it. I went out with him a few times and chatted with him on the phone, trying to figure out the problem. I still don't know what the problem is, but I don't think I should waste any more of his time. Time to say goodbye. Hopefully he will be easier to break away from than the first one!

Then there is a guy from about an hour away that I met online 2 years ago that is trying to finally meet me. He says his second job is as a professional poker player which really turns me off completely. Not to mention he keeps asking me to come up there after I have told him numerous times that he has to come here to meet me first. He is the one asking, so he has to do the driving. He annoys me online, so I can't imagine I would like him in person, but I guess I'll give it a try if he ever makes it down to see me. I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ms. Indy!

    Kinda funny that you mention the earring thing because I was kissing a pretty girl in the car a little while back and I found 1 of her earrings about a month later while cleaning the car. Well, we weren't seeing each other anymore at that point, and I couldn't tell if it was a nice earring or not, so I did the right thing and sent her an email and called her a couple days after that to let her know that I found it. That's it, 1 call, 1 email and never heard back from her so I guess the earring was no big deal. Also, I guess I wasn't in too much of a hurry to see her again at that point anyway, so I guess that's where my circumstance differs from you and your guy a little bit. I don't see myself as being very clingy, at least until she begins to show some genuine interest at least.

    And About bachelor #3, I just gotta tell ya that the whole "professional" poker player thing is a big red flag, especially if it's his "2nd" job.

    Well, good luck out there Ms. Indy! Keep meeting people and having fun!

    Cheers,
    Ryan the "Urban Cowboy"

    ReplyDelete