Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Half a Glass

So Nerd Alert from the company holiday party sends me an email today. He so intuitively observed that the "set-up" meeting was awkward (he unmistakably has a keen eye for the obvious) and thought we should meet under less pressure for coffee or something soon.

How am I supposed to respond to that? I am COMPLETELY not interested, but we really didn't get a chance to chat or whatever. So, if I say no, I look like a self-centered, pretentious bitch. If I say yes, I have to suffer through a coffee date that I have zero interest in having.

Tis the season for giving? Or is it better that I sacrifice looking like a complete superficial bitch in order to spare us both wasted time? Then again, if I try to see the glass half-full, I could possibly meet some new single folks at my job since I know very few there now. I guess I'll see what mood strikes me in the morning when I email him back.

1 comment: